Saturday, May 28, 2011

"In His Steps" Ladies Luncheon

Banner / Cards on Each Table
Today, our church held a Ladies' Luncheon, with the theme of "In His Steps". We had almost 50 ladies come, and we had a great time. We ate a delicious meal... chicken malainiase, rigatoni with marinara, meatballs, greens, rolls and salad. For dessert, each table had a taramisu cake on a pedestal. My only disappointment over the event was that (once again) I didn't not think of pictures until the end. =( So sad about that. The decorations looked so pretty. I had even written "TAKE PICTURES" on my notes but... I was just too distracted. So here are a few to give you an idea:
 The cakes had molded pink chocolate high heels placed around them, with a super cute pink high heel on top. Here, obviously the heel was removed and the cake sliced up for serving. So use your imagination to picture what it originally looked like.
 The banner closely resembled the cards (pictured above, which were held in cute shoe photo holders on each table).
 And a giant 5 ft. tall pink high heel.
Also on the tables were favors at each seat: small clear high heels filled with pink candy, tied with either a pink or black ribbon and a verse attached:
 Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth. Psalm 86:11

After dessert, we had a group of sisters sing 3 beautiful songs centered on the theme of walking with the Lord:
Nothing Quite As Sweet
Each Step I Take
All the Way

The Weber Sisters did a lovely job. As they sang, one played the acoustic guitar and another played the violin. So pretty!

I gave away several prizes. Again, I wish I had pictures of the prizes; they were fabulous. For the highest high heel, a lady won an adorable apron that read "I'll Cook for Shoes". For the biggest shoe size, a lady won a copy of the book, In His Steps, a lady who happened to be wearing a pink shoe won a very cute tape dispenser in the shape of a shoe, and the lady with the oldest shoes on (which I was second place for!) won an under-the-bed shoe organizer. Then, I drew 2 random names: one won another copy of In His Steps and the other, who happened to be my mom, won the cute little shoe themed box from which I drew names.







Then we watched a sweet video made for the special moms of Harts Hill Baptist Church. This video was also shown on Sunday morning on Mother's Day. At the luncheon we also watched the blooper reel (which I did not upload to YouTube) and I gave copies to the moms with children in the video.



After one of our wonderful church ladies shared a testimony about the difference the Lord has made in her life, the Weber sisters sang one more song: Thirst for God

At this point, I introduced our terrific speaker, Mrs. Amy Vassak. Mrs. Vassak is a pastor's wife. Her husband and her began the Northeast Baptist Church of Danbury, CT 17 yrs. ago. I really enjoyed the opportunity to get to know her better and to hear the encouraging lesson she brought to us. I think all of us were helped and challenged in our personal walks with Christ.

I think the event turned out well. I myself enjoyed it and usually, I don't say that about things I organize! But with good food, great music and a funny edifying speaker, what else really matters? ;) I really hope to have more special events for the ladies in the future,

Love,

 

1 comment:

Gail said...

Looks so fun! I love the theme. I will have to keep that in mind.