Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Do we have birthdays in Heaven?

Today is my mother law's birthday. But I'm not sure if we celebrate birthdays in Heaven. I somehow doubt it but can't be sure.

There is so much about Heaven we don't know. It's a fascinating subject to me; I could read and ponder it all day. Mostly though, I think we'll just have to wait and see what exactly is awaiting us when we get there. All I know for sure is that it will be good. And that our loved ones who are there now are thrilled to be there.

When our loved ones leave this crummy world and start enjoying Jesus' presence, it changes many things for us here, doesn't it? Holidays take on new meaning. Christmas, Mother's Day.... all have slightly sad undertones. It's good to remember those who are missing vital people around those occasions. And let it motivate us to cherish the ones still in our company all the more.

When sadness creeps in, I remind myself that my babies and my mother in law and all the other people dear to me that are in Heaven are really celebrating. What we have here is just a shadow of things to come. Our family gatherings, however busy and fun, can't hold a candle to the gathering of the entire family of God we'll enjoy one day.

What a glad reunion day that will be!

Love,
 

No comments: