Friday, April 30, 2010

Before and After Remodel Pictures

Whew! Its just about over! We've had a few delays in the kitchen, which is fine. Does a pregnant woman complain about an extra reason not to cook? So other than the kitchen, here is the run down of before and after pictures. I realize now that I did not take very good before pictures, but you'll get the idea. And in the after pictures, I obviously have more decorating in mind. We've only been moved for a day.





Our bedroom before:



Our bedroom after... we did paint in here but the colors were very similar. Looks fresher now though:




Dining room before:



Dining room after... when the kitchen is done I'll get better pictures of the wall color and floor. For now, the floor is wood looking vinyl and the walls are a pale sage green. :



Living room before:


Living room after... still determining where that machine should go:




Living room window, bad lighting:



Living room/hallway after, detail of carpet and paint colors:




Baby room before, bad lighting but it was neon purple:



Baby room before, better lighting:




Baby room after... obviously that curtain doesn't fit. Was just trying to see if I could reuse that shade. Anyone want a 24" pink roman shade? This room is painted the same beige that is in our bedroom... we wanted a gender neutral color since this is the baby room (whoever the baby at the time is... for now, Eden) :




Hall before:



Hall after... the blue paint looks way too vibrant in this pic... it isn't actually so shocking. We carpeting this along with the livingroom because the hard woods in the hall were pretty rough. We left the hard woods in the bedroom, and plan to cover ugly spots with scatter rugs:





Girls' Room before:




Girls room after:






Girls' Room, cluttered with one million toys and one cute nephew:





Bathroom before:



Bathroom before, details:




Yum. Don't ya want to soak in here?





Bathroom after, view #1:



Bathroom after, view #2:



Bathroom floor, wall and shower curtain (sorry it is sideways!):




Bathroom light plate:




Bathroom ceiling and wall color:




The bathroom was the most extensive part of this project. We... and I say "we" loosely... closed off a second entrance into the kitchen, knocked out a coat closet and closed off that area to add a few feet to the bathroom. Since we seem to producers of girls rather than boys, we thought our growing family would benefit from a nice sized bathroom, with a big vanity for all the beauty paraphernalia teenage girls possess!


Hope you enjoyed seeing the progress and the final result. When the kitchen is complete, I'll post those pics too. Thanks for all your kind words of encouragement during this project.


Love,


10 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love the girl's wall! Did you do it? It all looks great! SO happy for you guys!

♥ Amy said...

So pretty, Kayte! I'm excited for you! :)

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

How wonderful that you are all moved in. I'm so happy for you. Enjoy!

jen said...

Kayte, I love it & am so happy for you! I have been impatient for you to close on this house. Finally it happened ~ YAY!!! I love decorating. My husband says he thinks that part of my duties in Heaven will be decorating the mansions ;) I could look at before & after pics all day! I am glad to rejoice with you in what God has provided for you. Thanks for sharing.

raising4princesses said...

It's gonna be a wonderful home...I love the sunshine in the girl's room! - So happy for you! Maria

Holly said...

Your house looks SO great!! I'm so happy for you guys! Thanks for posting pictures=)

Unknown said...

Awesome!! I hope to see on person soon!! Wheres the kitchen LOL Loves ya!!

Katie said...

It looks wonderful! What a blessing this home will be for your family - as you are a blessing to others!

Do you happen to remember the shade and brand of your bathroom paint? I am redoing my bathroom and I really like that paint shade! :)

Unknown said...

Katie, the bathroom is painted "Lyndhurst Timber" from Valspar at Lowe's. It looked different on the card but I'm happy with how it turned out!

joshsgirl said...

so beautiful! Sooooo happy for you all!