Monday, March 22, 2010

Let the work begin!!!

In case some of my blogger friends did not know, my husband is an assistant pastor. And at our church, the pastor and assistant pastor live in parsonages. And today.....

Today, the church closed on a "new" parsonage for our family to reside in.

Ta-da:

These pictures were taken a few weeks ago. I took some more detailed shots today but unfortunately left my camera at the house!!! But since I actually have the energy and time to blog at the moment, I'll go ahead and share what I have. As we remodel and changes are made, I'll show you before and after pictures. Right now, though... the "before"s.

It's a cute little house. I think it's about 1200 sq. feet. Our first home was literally about 400 sq. feet. You may think I'm exaggerating but I'm not. But as happy little newly weds with no possessions AT ALL... we were completely happy there.

But we are looking forward to having more space for our growing family.

So here we go... in random order, with random people in the pictures, the interior of the house:

Dinning room (plus in laws and children):
Kitchen:

Largest bedroom:


Hallway, looking into the living room... note the linen closet. On my the things I shall store there!!



Second largest room, complete with hideous paint (anyone else suddenly thinking of Pepto Bismo?) There is third room which is a ghastly purple color right now. I must not have gotten a picture of that yet! And trust me, your life is not complete until you see this neon purple. It may induce a seizure so I may not post it out of concern for your safety.



The bathroom:
We plan to knock out a wall and expand the bathroom into what is currently a coat closet. If there are any singles girls reading this, one of the criteria you should look for in a man is basic plumbing and carpentry skills. I'm joking... but not really. I'm so blessed to have a husband who can literally do it all. His dad helps us a lot too.


The living room... plus a nice real estate agent.
And I took those drapes down today. Blah.


Kitchen again. We've got big plans for improvement in here too.

The basement: It was partially finished but the floor and ceiling have been removed. (??) But the nice looking panel wall remains. So some day.... maybe we'll do some remodeling down here too.


And an extra wonderful feature is a basement office for my hubby to get his studying done in peace and quiet! This is the only room that is all set and ready to go!


We did some cleaning and paint prep work today. The next few weeks we will be busy painting every nook and cranny and ripping out the bathroom, redoing floors, re-shingling the roof and somewhere in there I will pack and take care of my children and grow a human being in my tummy. At any other time, I would all over this big project... I probably would already be packed by now or at least be so hyper organized that packing would take very little time. But I have had zero energy in the past few weeks so I feel way behind. Even still, I have this assurance inside me that is saying "It'll all get done, Kayte. Somehow, eventually, it's all going to be finished."
Selecting paint colors does have me a bit concerned though. I need input from others!! Maybe I can figure out a way to show you my considerations and you can help me!!

Maddie and Eden love playing around the empty house. They "helped" wash walls today. Eden was completely soaked. The concept of wringing out her clothe just wasn't getting though! Oh well....


Love,

5 comments:

Joyful Blessings said...

I love your house Kayte, it is so beautiful, perfect size. You are going to make the most wonderful memories there with your family. I am so happy for you all of you. God Bless, Cheryl

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. The house is beautiful.

jennstar said...

Kayte, the house looks wonderful! I would say "great potential" but I really wouldn't mind it just the way it is! It is quite a bit bigger than our house... with 7 children in it. Your kitchen is so large and lots of counter space! How special for you... just don't overdo it with all that painting and cleaning!
:)
Jenny

Holly said...

I'm so happy for you guys!! Congratulations!!=)

Debbie said...

I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!