The preparations are made... turkeys are brining, pies are set, recipe cards and cans are set out on counter tops. A delicious feast is on it's way. It's going to wonderful... scrumptious food eaten the company of family.
And then: it will be over.
Here's a few thoughts to feed your soul...
And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst
All the days of the afflicted evil: but he that is of a merry heart a continual feast
I am thankful for... oh where to start? I have been blessed and blessed. Its so hard to make a list of things for which I am grateful to the Lord because I could never include all that He's done for me. So for that reason, I'm going to simply list 10... the first 10 blessings that come to my mind.
1. Being saved. Hope in Heaven and a life worth living here on earth.
2. Being married to a Godly man. Seth really did get the short end of the stick in this arrangement. Why God blessed me with such a good man, I'll never know. But I'm enjoying it and doing my best not to mess him all up.
3. My little girls. Maddie and Eden are perfectly healthy and a great source of joy in our life.
4. My home. I have it packed to the gills and I would double it's size in a heartbeat, but it's warm and safe and that is really all we need, right?
5. My church. What a great thing God did when He made the Church... He must have known that I would need the direction and guidance of a wise Pastor and friends to encourage me. Our church really is a family and I love each person there, and miss those that aren't there anymore.
6. Good health. I can see, walk, hear. I have no ailments to speak of. I have never known what it is to face chronic serious pain or sickness.
7. The big rusty ol' bus that picked me up as a little girl to take me to church. Where would I be if no one had cared about the little poor kids in Adelanto, Ca. Thank you, Pastor and Mrs. Sandberg!
8. God's promises. In the past few years my favorite promise is that if I lack wisdom and ask Him for it, He said he'd give it to me, "liberally and upbraideth not."
9. Forgiveness. God's love has covered a multitude of sins... my sins.
10. Friends. I have lots of good friends. Sometimes I get feeling lonely, but really when I count them all up, I have many many friends... the world seems smaller when you are a Christian. We are connected by Him despite the differences in personality, or location, or interests or any other things which typically friendships are made of. I'm very glad for my friends.