Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year....

Eggnog is on the shelves, people!!!

Oh. yeah. I love it!!!

I had a coupon for $1 off 2, so I had to get two. Had to. Don't you agree?

The Sugar Cookie flavor looked so appealing in the store and I just about broke the speed limit in order to get home and try it... but it was a little disappointing. The best way I can think of to describe it is that if you are a person who likes bubble gum ice cream, you'll love this. Not that it tastes anything like bubble gum ice cream but it's that same super sweet sugary sensation. Not my favorite. I still managed to drink half of that carton and have no intentions of throwing the rest away... but not my favorite.

The cinnamon is de-lish!! That carton is gone. No one else in my house likes it. So yeah, I drank a whole carton and a half yesterday. Don't judge me... don't you dare judge me! ; )

Egg nog season is bad bad bad for me. I like to pretend that I can live off of liquids only... hot tea, diet Pepsi, coffee, chai, iced coffee, diet root beer. These are staples of my diet. Of course I can not thrive on them and every few days crash into a "I-need-real-food" coma and Seth swings by Taco Bell and gets me a steak taco to resuscitate me. I don't why I do this... I just love these yummy drinks more than I do food... and if you think about it, it's cheaper and easier and faster and no clean up. So why doesn't everyone live this way!?! I'm still holding out for some scientist to invent a pill that contains all our necessary nutrients and vitamins so we can get over this 3 meals a day trend. I am partially joking, obviously. I do cook a decent meal every week night... tonight: Chinese Pork Ribs! YUM! I can smell them cooking right now! I'll have to post that recipe- it's a good'un!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

You are too funny, Kayte! :)

Mrs. Reverend Doctor said...

I love eggnog too,I have a good recipe for bread pudding made with it, yum!