Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New website

Our new church website is up and running. There are still a few things to finalize (such as setting up the email accounts) but I thought I'd go ahead and share it with those who would be interested. We've had a website for a couple of years and have had several guests stop by church as a result!!

http://www.hartshillbaptist.com/

What else have I been up to today? Hmmm....

Lots of laundry, took the girls out for a few hours to give Seth a quiet house so he could study (he is preaching tomorrow night instead of our Pastor), roasted a big ol' turkey for dinner then went out for our weekly date to Barnes & Nobles while Nana (my mom) watched with the girlies. I bought the turkey right before Thanksgiving... even though I wasn't hosting Thanksgiving, it was so cheap and I've only cooked a turkey once before so I wanted another whack at it. I did a brine yesterday (this recipe) and roasted it today using Alton Brown's technique. I think it came out really well, if I do say so myself!! (Humility is one of my best attributes.) ;) Making gravy is not my strong suit, since I don't make it often (it's super fattening and although Seth loves it, it does not love him back and leaves him with terrible heart burn if he eats it often). Today was probably my best gravy ever. I used chicken broth and I think that was the difference. I had always just used fat, drippings and flour and was never thrilled with it. Today's gravy was just how I wanted it: flavorful, not too thick, not to thin, no lumps, no gnarly pieces of turkey particles. Just perfect. Why am I going into such great detail about gravy?!!

Okay if you've lasted this long into the post, you deserve a prize. Each one of you go to your cupboard, get a handful of crackers and smear some Nutella on each and every one. Sit down on your couch with a blanket and gobble them up before any family members come requesting that you share. Since I lasted this long as well, I shall do the same.

G'night, you turkeys!

No comments: