Saturday, January 7, 2012

My life these days

A recap of life with my cute silly noisy family lately:

- Cold and flu season. I don't want to talk about it. ;) (But Maddie's asthma is doing well)

- Leila is 14 mo.s and loves food. LOVES food. Eats more than her big sisters. She sleeps and naps really well, so I'm a happy mama.

- Eden said one day "Mawm, (Mom) some people call me 'Eden' and some people call me 'Eden Gwace' (Grace) but my name is 'Eden Gwace'". "Oh, okay. Would you like everyone to call you 'Eden Grace' then?" "Yes, or 'Pinky'.  She's really hesitant to express her opinions on matters, as you can see. ;)

- Laundry, laundry, laundry. I don't want to talk about it.

- Couponing... I've definitely slowed down with it. Maybe it's just me, but I'm really not finding as many fabulous deals as I used to. And some deals I'm not interested in- I still have several years worth of toothpaste and shampoo/conditioner. But I did just finally run out of toilet paper after stocking up in November 2010. Yeah- over a year of not buying TP. That was nice. And I also have learned that just because canned soup is cheap doesn't mean my family will eat it. I'm the big soup consumer in the family and I'm a bit of a soup snob and want homemade soup, or soup from a diner. So the small stock pile is good to have in case of emergency, but I don't need to jump on every Campbell's Chunky Soup deal I find. Still, other items I would love to restock up on but am not finding any great buys. So if you find outrageously awesome deals for toilet paper, dishwashing detergent, laundry detergent or breakfast cereal, let me know! =)

- I'm barely keeping my head above water when it comes to organizing and keeping this house in relative cleanliness. And believe me, I'm not striving for absolute perfection here. I'd be happy to settle for being able to walk without tripping on princess shoes, or have a counter top without mushed up banana finger prints. Leila has a blast emptying drawers and I need to be more consistent with having the girls put away one set of toys before getting new ones out. My husband's cousin's wife (wow- that's a mouthful!) has some great ideas here on her blog.

- Another link for you: my Bible reading schedule for 2012. The girls and I read the 'family" selection before starting school.

And that's all I've got time for folks. =)

Love,

No comments: