Monday, July 25, 2011

Packing...

It brings out the crazy in me.

We're going to be attending a conference this week for pastor's and their families. We're so excited. The girls look forward to the "big New Jersey" church every year. We soak in the encouragement, teaching, fellowship, preaching while the girls have a FaNtAsTiC time of their own.

But today... today is not much excitement and fun. Today is laundry, folding, packing, repacking, squishing, debating what to bring, trying to figure out a way to NOT bring 4 pairs of heels for a 3 day trip (don't ask...). Packing reveals the dark side of my personality.

The side that shoos kids away 'cause their driving me nuts. The side that says "FIND YOUR OWN DINNER!". ☺The side that cleans little girl dress shoes with q-tips and rubbing alcohol. The side that puts the matching jewelry for each outfit in it's own zip top baggie and attaches it to that outfit's hanger. Even the clothes in the suit cases are packed on hangers. So that in the hotel, I just hang everything and for the rest of the trip I'm not digging through a dis-shoveled mess of a suitcase looking for one teeny sock on the bottom. The side that gets out the crevice tool for the vacuum and declares war on every crumb in the ever dirty van. Why I do this? I don't know. It's just gonna to get even dirtier on the trip. But when we pull that van out of the garage, it will be clean and organized and I will know where every single thing is. For a minute anyway.

I have a packing spreadsheet. It's true. A detailed list of everything we'll need. Or might possibly maybe need. Because when you travel with 3 kids 4 and under, you bring it all. You just never know when some one's gonna throw up or wet their undies or come down with a case of TB.

So I'm gettin' back to it now. Because those toiletries aren't going to label themselves.

Love,
 

4 comments:

Mendi... said...

Great post...really love...see alot of myself in what you shared...

Thanks for sharing your heart the way that you do!

Have a GREAT trip!

Mrs. Reverend Doctor said...

I always bring some of those big drawstring bags for laundry that Dollar Tree sells, and sort it so all I have to do when we get home is throw in the bag.

Debbie said...

A girl after my own heart! :)

Marisa said...

LOL! WOW! Good for you!! Nice to be so organize! Understand about the shoes. Went on a week vaca with my sweet man and I think I brought 10 pairs of shoes at least. Crazy that each dress I brought to wear each night NEEDED a different pair of shoes! ha ha! Hope you have a blast on your trip! Nice to get away!