Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hmmmm.....

I've been MIA on here lately... so what have we been up to?

~On Friday, the Lord surely had His protective hand on Seth and our school group. The students and teachers were all on the church bus for a field trip to the Corning Glass Museum a few hours away. While simply driving from one parking lot to another, the brakes on the bus went out!!! My father in law was driving and thought quickly enough to avoid hitting the car in front of the bus bit instead drove over a curb, leveled a street sign and let the branches of a tree bring the bus to a stop. Not only was no one in the bus injured but the damage to the bus was quite minimal. The street sign, however, did not survive! There was also happened to be (hmmm......) a brake repair place right across the street from the accident, so while the school group continued to the museum, the bus was repaired and everyone returned home safe and sound with only an hour or so delay. Praise the LORD!! If anyone knows the region, you know that there are a lot of big hills that they had driven on before reaching their destination. God really protected that bus full of kids and teachers!

~ I co-hosted a baby shower on Saturday. It was a small shower but I *think* it was fun. Its so hard to tell if an event is actually fun or not when you are organizing it! But I do know we had a ton of food so it couldn't have been too bad! ;) This baby shower was for a new mom who has decided to be surprised about the baby's gender. I had always thought it would make a shower and preparing for the baby harder to not know the gender, but in actuality, she received a lot of very useful practical gifts, instead of 75 newborn outfits! Even more reason to consider being surprised with a future pregnancy. Hmmmm......

~ My Sunday School class only had one student in it today so the two of joined my husband's class of young adults. Hmmmmm.... how can I say this without sounding like an obnoxious wife....? He is an awesome teacher. His lessons are helpful and practical and encouraging and edifying. And he looks really handsome when he's teaching. ;)

~ As I prepared Eden for bed, I asked her if she is a big girl or a baby. She said "Bebe!!" I asked her again to make sure.... yup. She's a baby and proud of it. I don't know how well she will appreciate sharing the baby status with another little princess in October. Hmmm.....
Love,

No comments: