Saturday, November 20, 2010

My Big Girl

This afternoon offered an opportunity for Maddie and I to spend some time together... just the two of us. We made a quick stop at the book store to purchase a couple gifts for Christmas {and a Chai Tea for me!} and then headed to the library to return and check out books. It was really a fun, relaxing time. I will glad to be able to slow down with her and look at all the things that caught her eye without needing to just rush through everything before Eden got rambunctious or Leila needed to eat. Maddie really thrives on one on one attention... I suppose every child does. But she has always, even as little baby, been one who wanted to be where I am, doing what I am doing. Eden will be lost in her make believe world and contently play with her babies or tea set on her own for a good long while. But not my Maddie... she is always by my side... "can I do that too"... "I can help".... "Play a game with me".... "Read a book to me". These days she wants to be doing what the big kids around her (typically her cousins) are doing (whether they appreciate her company or not!). But when no super cool 7, 8 or 9 yr. olds are to be found, good ol' Mom will do. ;)


Lately her request has been to tell her a story... off the top of your head! Sometimes I simply can not think of an original story, so I started telling her Bible stories or classic stories. So today, while driving, I relayed Jack and the Beanstalk and the Biblical story of Hannah. I think I got the Hannah story correct but I hope she never actually reads Jack and the Beanstalk because I probably butchered that story!

As we came back home and were putting our coats and boots away (yes, we are "there" already *sigh*), I remarked to Seth that as much as I love having wee babies and am a bit saddened by how quickly they grow up, I really enjoyed going out with "The Big Girl" and can see WHY they must grow up and get big. She is so easy. She dresses herself completely. She opens AND SHUTS doors. She buckles herself up all on her own. She walks... not runs. She chats none stop and is wonderfully good company. She tells jokes and laughs at mine. She held my hand... not because she had to (she informed me) but just because she likes to. ☺
Doing her "schoolwork";)
I love Leila being 1 month old. She's so sweet and just wants to be held and loved on. I also am really enjoying Eden being 2 yrs. old. She is soooooo funny. She often comes into my bedroom, first thing in the morning, pats my cheek with her pudgy hand and says "Hi Putie Pie" (translation: Hi Cutie Pie). And I love Maddie being 4 yrs. old. She is so smart and tries to please me.
And now, I must stop relaying to you how fantastic my kids are and do their laundry.... again. ☺


Love,


No comments: