Saturday, September 4, 2010

A temporary goodbye

My mother in law, Christine and her husband of over 30 yrs.


This post is long over due. I know that. I asked you to pray for my mother in law while she was suffering with a serious illness and then never gave you a follow up. I've thought of doing so. Even sat down to do it... but could not type.





We said good bye to my mother in law a little over a week ago. Her soul departed for heaven on Thursday morning, shortly after midnight.





The previous day was spent going through many coarse hospitals tissues and praying for God to heal her. The LORD did answer our prayers and healed her in the way He knew best. She's now walking on streets of gold and singing praises to God. As we have been telling Madison, she has a huge smile on her face, and maybe she is even able to fly!





We're sad. We're shocked. Still. A week and 2 days later and I still find it unbelievable. She was so healthy and strong, and her decline happened so quickly. The only conclusion we can arrive at is that the Lord has a special purpose in mind. We have no regret regarding her care or decisions that were made. It seems very clear that no matter what doctors and medicine could do, the Lord had decided it was time for her to be with Him. Each of us know without a doubt that Christine was 100% ready to meet her Saviour. She had lived with utter contentment with whatever lot the Lord choose for her, and the timing of her death was no different. Her only concerns were to glorify the Lord and allow His will to be done in her life.

While we find peace and even gladness knowing where she is, and Whose company she is enjoying, we miss her terribly. There is a tremendous sense of loss in our lives. She was our pastor's wife, a mother of 5, a grandmother of 14 and a servant to everyone in her acquaintance. She left a remarkable example of a selfless and humble Christian.

Thank you for praying for her while she was ill. She is healed in every way now!

Here is the link to Christine's obituary: LEGACY


Love,


6 comments:

Korina said...

It's still hard for me to believe she's not here. I think about her often. One of her favorite verses she would quote to me in school or when I was feeling uneasy about a decision to make, was Romans 8:28. Even though its hard for me to believe shes gone, I know that there is a reason God took her now and that reason could be nothing but Good because HE is Good and Right. To me, Mrs. McCoy was a Proverbs 31 woman. She has left such an example and legacy for all the women in her life. I will always be thankful to God for blessing me with such a great teacher, mentor and friend.

kauffeegrl said...

So sorry to hear of your family's loss, Katye. Thank you for the reminder that our loved ones are, in deed, healed completely, even if we no longer get to enjoy their physical presence. What a glorious day our reunions will be in Heaven!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

jennstar said...

How very sad Kayte! My own mother has had dementia for 14 years (she was only 51 when she was no longer able to carry on normally). It is so hard to understand.
Hope and faith together cling to eternity.
Jenny

Hannah Baker said...

I AM SO SORRY!!
I lost my mother when i was 14, and i remember the emptiness never went away. It is sometimes still here.

I am praying for you Kayte & family

Hannah Eve Baker

http://hannahisatribalgirl.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Kayte.. I hit the funny by mistake... Christine will be missed and thought of always. Such a great women and I glad I was able to meet her. Take care sweetie!