Sunday, September 4, 2011

Baby Prayer


Children praying = pure listening enjoyment.

Today, this was Maddie's prayer before eating her lunch. (Background: "Aunt S. is having boy #5 at the end of the month, and two other ladies at church are expecting... one for sure a boy and one unknown).

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for this food, please bless it to our bodies (said very fast).
(Now, more emphatically) I pray for all the mommies having babies. Please keep them safe. Please make the babies healthy. I pray that some will be girls and some will be boys.
God, I really wanted Aunt S. to have a girl but she is having a boy.
Amen.

Good thing God has Maddie around to fill Him in on these things. ☺

Love,

2 comments:

♥ Amy said...

So sweet! I'm sure God smiled, too. What joy our little ones must bring Him, don't you think?

I've enjoyed catching up on your lastest posts. It was nice hearing your voice again via video. Your hubby is a lot more patient than mine, lol. I'll have to try that style out on my own little girlies.

Love you, friend!

Christina said...

That's so cute! My son (3 at the time) was so disappointed that our last baby wasn't a brother. He didn't stay discouraged long, He's still praying for a brother! I'm not opposed, just hoping the Lord will hold off on that answer for a little while!